Palm Tree pruning is a specific process requiring skill and expertise. Arborists caution palms are delicate should not be over pruned.
Reasons to prune palm trees:
- Prune to remove dead or dying fronds that may become a home to pests
- Dead fronds are a potential fire hazards, especially near buildings or homes
- Increase visibility and safety near driveways or sidewalk
- Prevent damage to buildings or homes during high winds
- Aesthetic appeal to remove dead fronds, boots, fruit, seeds and flowers
Start by determining if your palms need to be pruned.
- Inspect the tree for broken, dead, brown or yellow fronds.
- Look for loose petioles or boots on the trunk.
- Assess the seed pods or flowers as they take strength away from the palm. Look for large clusters of these pods.